Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Moment Worth Sharing.

I just sat down after cleaning up from the lunch chaos to check email and see who’s tweeting what.  My girls are downstairs playing with toy cars and dinosaurs — they call it “Dinosaurs and Cars”.  Go figure.

As I sit with my freshly steeped cuppa tea, logging in, perusing and all the while listening with one ear to my girls play, I catch this exchange:

Jazmine:  (Gasps) “Oh!  Is your site okay?


Jenna:  “Ya, it’s okay.”

Jazmine:  “Oh, phew.  Okay.  Where were we?”

...and they continue playing without missing a beat.

I can only imagine, since I wasn’t able to actually see what happened, that Jenna’s site perhaps got caught on something, or someone, as they played.  But what struck me was how diabetes is just another part of their “everyday”.  And what really touched me was Jazmine’s genuine concern for her sister.

How did I get so lucky to have two crazy-cool kids?

3 comments:

k2 said...

Statistics show that when a crazy cool woman like yourself has children, those kids are in of themselves CRAZY COOL.
Kelly K

Alexis Nicole said...

I love this. Them. The picture. Everything! Theyre awesome!!

Sherry said...

Thanks guys! xo